Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Fun-day!

Kayla finally went to her first Romp n' Roll class today. I didn't think we were going to make it. She's been going down for a nap right around when class was to start and I was not about to wake her up. Thankfully, she woke up 10 minutes prior to class and RnR is just down the street from us. I of course called them back to back to cancel then to say that we were really coming. I'm so glad we went!

My main purpose for wanting to try the class is to socialize her. I was afraid that she was getting too clingy which makes her afraid of people she doesn't know. It's happened in different occasions where she starts to whine then cry when strangers will come up to her to say hi. I've noticed within the past couple of weeks that the whining has subsided a bit and today was no different. She had a blast!


There were about 10 babies in the class and Kayla had a great time. She wasn't sure of what was going on in the beginning but after a while she started enjoying herself - she was dancing and making noises. I think she was the only non-crawler out of the bunch. I'm hoping to take her more and maybe seeing crawling babies will inspire her to do the same. Ha! I think her favorite part of the class was when she was handed two egg-shaped noise-makers and you shake them with the music. She was smiling and shaking those eggs like crazy. My mom was with us to observe and to be our paparazzi for the day :)

No comments: