Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kayla is 8 Months Old!

I can't believe it. In 4 short months we are going to celebrate Kayla's 1st birthday. Time is flying and Kayla is growing so fast!

This month has been very exciting. She said a couple of new words (dada and up), got her ears pierced, sat on a highchair for the first time, and got her first cold. Still no crawling which I don't think she will really do - I read somewhere that this is apparently an optional skill that baby's do. I'm a little glad that she's not crawling - I don't think I'd be able to keep up. I like coming back to where I left her and finding her just how I saw her last. She's really into taking her sock off. Just one. Usually the right one. She likes to play and chew on it.

Dada is currently her favorite word. She screams it pretty much all day long. I don't get offended, she still said mama first. Ha! She also started saying up which caught be my surprise. I know this for a fact because I always say up to her when I'm trying to pick her up and she copies me right after I say it.

She's also a close-open champ. I sing close-open and she closes and opens her little hand. It's quite cute. She adds her little spin to it by flicking her wrists a little more than she has to. We are working on clapping but she never spreads her palms open so it's a bit tricky right now.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Awww Kayla is adorable!
\just stumbled upon your blog today, looking for new stuff to read!


carrieb
www.citymom-countrymom.com