Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekend, Mother's Day and Losing Weight

The weekend was relaxing and busy all at the same time. I worked yesterday and today but was also able relax, take care of chores and hang out with J and Kayla. I had two events at work and had to go in for both but I practically spent all day with Kayla yesterday and with her and J today.

No crazy plans for Mother's Day this year. All I wanted was to spend the day with my family and a zoo re-do but of course it was rainy and gloomy all morning. By the time the sun came out it was nap time for all of us. Ha! We did go out for yummy Skinny Dip right after.

After our outing we took some pictures and I realized how chubby I've gotten again. I lost all the baby weight and some (20 plus!) thanks to breastfeeding but I have since gained all of it back. The pediatrician told me that I could gain some of it back but I wasn't prepared for all of it. So I have decided that I really need to get my weight in control.

I need to lose some weight. I liked being the size I was after the pregnancy. I was comfortable and didn't feel the need to wear loose fitting shirts. I work long hours and don't really have the time to work out. I'd love to but that means less time I get to spend with Kayla which is not a lot as it is. I can possibly wake up super early and work out before she gets up in the morning but I'm not sure I can commit to that.

My plan for now is to eat healthier. No more sodas. More water. Better food choices. Oh, I also plan to buy a scale. I'm thirty and have never had one. Ever. My goal is to lose at least 15 pounds. For now. We shall see where this goes. Bathing suit season is right around the corner and I need to get it together!

No comments: