Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer must-haves for my little one

Pool season is in full swing and my daughter can not get enough of the water. Melt down ensues when it's time to leave the pool. You would have thought I told her Elmo is dead!



I read a good bit of information on this whole sunscreen vs. sunblock subject and you better believe that I also did my research on what brand to use for my precious not-so-little cargo. Here's a wonderful website that I found and they even have a product hall of shame!


Here are a few things that are helping me get through this very hot summer:




  1. California Baby Sunscreen - I know the price is a bit much than your regular sunscreen, but I promise that you will not regret it. This product gets rave reviews all the time and you can not put a price on protecting your little ones! The lotion goes on very well although it looks really white on Kayla since she's already dark as it is. This also comes in a stick-form for easy facial application but I use this one instead.


  2. i play Brim Sun Protection Hat - Love this hat! I bought the biggest size and it has a little drawstring so that it can fit your child's head perfectly. I tell her no hat, no pool and the hat stays on the whole time!


  3. i play Swim Shoes - I got her the blue pair because they were all out of the pink in her size. The blue actually goes better with all her bathing suits. Ha! They fit true to size and it's perfect for the hot ground and they are non-slip!


  4. Pampers Splashers Swim Pants - We have always used Pampers except for wipes, we use Huggies. It was only natural that I buy these swim pants. She has never gone number 2 (thank goodness!) while wearing swim pants, but from what I've read, they work great. Make sure you check the package when you buy yours, Pampers still has the old packaging that has a whole lot less in them than the new ones. The picture above is of the new packaging.

Oh, and don't forget to bring snacks and cold beverages to assist and get your little ones out of the water from time to time. Gotta let their skins rest from pruning up and hydrate them!


Do share if you have and summer products that you love and can't live without!

No comments: