Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck. It's St. Patrick's day after all

You always hear luck of the Irish on St. Patrick's day but it feels like today has been all sorts of unlucky.

I really thought J was coming home today. But of course that's not the case or I wouldn't be writing this. He called me around 10am at work and I bolted to the hospital shortly right after we hung up. It has been a very emotionally draining day for me. I don't really need to get in to too much details here but long story short, there's another complication and we have no clear answers after multiple tests today. I'm really hoping that it can't be that serious or the doctor would have already told us what the deal is. I talked to him tonight and he sounds fine but I'm pretty sure he is so ready to get better and to come home.

A few weeks ago I was catching up on my Google Reader and saw a post about an elephant themed party of some sort. There was an Etsy seller whose product was featured on that post. The picture that was used was just so nicely taken and next thing you know I had spent an hour trying to decide what bracelet to order. Well the cheap girl in me decided I didn't need the bracelet and I would join in on the blog contest of the seller to hopefully score a free one instead. Well, i didn't win but days later another contest was posted. The winner hasn't been announced on that one but I'm thisclose to ordering one.

(source)

Maybe I'm just hoping that this bracelet will give me luck. Would everything have happened had I bought the bracelet initially? I'm not one to believe that something or someone can bring you luck but it doesn't hurt to try. After all, the bracelets are cute and if it brings me luck, even better!

No comments: