Sunday, March 13, 2011

Great Sunday!

Aside from the whole DST thing, its been a great day!

Tomorrow will be a week since J was admitted to the hospital and had surgery. I've been waiting for him to get better since the day after surgery but it felt like he was getting worse day after day. What made it harder is that we are on our own here without help and its been tough trying to take care of Kayla and be there for J as well. I'm never at the hospital when the doctors would come by to his room and J was usually drugged up and/or half asleep during rounds that he can't tell me what they told him.

On Thursday I was finally able to get some answers. Not what I wanted to hear but answers nonetheless.

But today, this afternoon, was a great one! J is finally feeling better and the NG tube did what it was supposed to do. It was a complete 180 minutes after it had started. J was sitting up which he couldn't do for days until now. He told me he was feeling better already and we even exchanged high fives!

I'm ready for him to come home as much as he is. I'm sure him and Kayla are missing each other like crazy. I hope to get an update tomorrow morning as far as his progress and when we he should be heading home.

No comments: