Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kayla's birthday plans

I have been on birthday party planning overdrive and I love it. J thinks I'm going overboard but I really don't think I am. I can, but I won't. The thing is, in my culture, 1st birthdays are a huge deal. I mean HUGE! I had over 100 guests at mine. Granted, I don't remember it but my mom sure does. I see this 1st birthday party as a celebration of Kayla's first year of life and for our first year as being parents. There's nothing better that to kick off the 4th of July weekend with family and friends!


Done list.
- Guest list.
- Menu. Kinda.
- I've already contacted Krysta who made Kayla's birth announcements and she is in the process of creating one.
- Birthday t-shirt and bloomers will come from here.
- Cake baker was decided on this weekend.


Not-so done list.
- Pick a venue! I'm going to see one today so hopefully this is it.
- Birthday outfit.


I've only been semi-productive at work thanks to party planning. I didn't know that 1st birthday party planning takes a lot of time. If I had known this I would have started a long time ago.

No comments: