Monday, May 24, 2010

Lazy weekend

I love weekends when there are no plans and not much to do. We skipped Romp n' Roll and Saturday and just chilled at home. We had the carpets professionally cleaned so we stayed around. I was able to squeeze in a pedicure session while J watched the baby.

The three of us went out to lunch before running some errands. Kayla loves miso soup! It's all she ate at the Japanese restaurant. She was slurping that thing. We went next door to Babies R Us after so we can buy her highchair. She has been using a Bumbo seat all this time and it was time to upgrade (and thanks to grandma H for the $, too!). We went in thinking we were getting a wood chair but came out with the Chicco Polly. She's been using it all weekend and she loves it. We also got her a straw sippy and that's going well so far.
We also went to Home Depot to get something to put underneath the dog's crate. At this point it was time for milk and a nap and she was slowly melting down. We rushed home and she took a little nap.
My mom came over yesterday to visit Kayla while J & I went out for ice cream and to grocery shop. This weekend was all in all very relaxing and nice and I have a 4-day one coming pretty soon.
I've spent a good part of the morning buying things for Kayla's party. Thank you very much, eBay! Here's to hoping the week goes by really fast and smooth so I can spend some more quality time with my soon-to-be 11 month old baby girl!

No comments: