Sunday, August 7, 2011

DSLR - A week later

I haven't used my point and shoot since the day I got the big camera. The last time I touched it was this morning so I could take it out of the baby bag. Ha! I've been on a mission to learn how to use this thing. There are so many buttons and options and it's a bit overwhelming. But it's pointless to have this type of camera if you're going to stay on full auto mode. In my defense, I wasn't in full auto mode this whole time. I was on the mode where the flash was turned off. Pictures are much nicer to me when the flash is off and I was already doing this even with my P&S.

During my Google session last night in search for a pretty strap I stumbled upon Click It Up A Notch. I read posts all over her site and bookmarked this one. I really think that I'm slowly getting it a little bit. I even took the little one to the park today, armed with a little bit of knowledge, a camera & the happiest little model.





If you are still shooting in auto mode, run over to Courtney's site and read around. I'm sure you will learn a thing or two! Yes, I know, she is in sandals and white shorts. Parent fail today but she had a blast!

No comments: