Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1 year being in a new city anniversary!





Yup, that's right! We have been here 1 full year. Today marks the year anniversary of when we made that one and a half hour trek down 64 East. We left everything behind - our family & what we have known our whole lives (for J at least. Not in my case. I was born and raised 'til I was 16 in a totally different country) to start something new and different.


A year later, I am still discovering new things and finding my way around town. I know where to go for my basic needs of grocery store, Starbucks, Target, shopping and restaurants. I am at a job that I love in a city that I am able to tolerate and hopefully love one day.



Do I miss Richmond? Absolutely!

Do I regret moving? Not one bit.
Will I do it again? More than likely, yes, but maybe to a different city.


No comments: