Wednesday, January 27, 2010

First Word

[ Source ]

and it's MAMA! She kept on saying it last night and it was definitely cute.

I heard/read somewhere that baby's usually say dada first because it's a lot easier to say. I guess my darling child is just a bit smart so she went for the harder word. Ha! The funny thing about this whole first word is that for a while now, I would say dada for her to remember and repeat. Somehow she said mama first. It just makes me melt everytime I hear her babble and she says mama.

We figured she was pretty close to saying her first word the other night. We were all getting ready for bed and I was saying dada and mama to her. Everytime I said mama she would make a lip movement like she was trying to say it, too. I didn't know that after that in a matter of less than 24 hours she would finally say it!

I wonder what's next? Is it crawling and pulling up? I don't think we are ready for that yet.

No comments: