Thursday, February 4, 2010

7 Months Old

I look at Kayla and I wonder what happened to my tiny 7-pounder?! It's true when people say babies grow up so fast. I really want to stop the time to make sure that I'm not missing out on her special moments. I am afraid that I will wake up one morning and she'll be 13 and telling me how she likes this boy at school or something like that!


When I went back to work in September, I remeber the days leading up to it and how I was an emotional mess - I was so scared that I would miss out on all her firsts and different developments, that she would not miss me and forget that I am her mommy. Told you! Emotional mess. You can't blame me. I was very hormonal still and I was so attached to Kayla like you would not believe. I spent every waking moment with her for about 10 weeks and having to go to work from 730a m to 5pm just didn't seem realistic to me. I still dream about winning the lotto everyday so that I can stay home with her. But of course that hasn't happened yet or I would have already blogged about it!

There's not another appointment with Kayla's doctor until April when she is 9 months old so there are no stats on this post. I'm pretty sure that she's not gaining weight as fast as she was - I think she is starting to level off but only the next appointment will really tell. This child is still growing and changing though!
  • still in size 3 diapers
  • clothing is 9 months and up...I had to retire a lot of her footed pj's 'cause they were getting a bit snug and short on her
  • still no formula, yay for us and my weight loss :)
  • very talkative and loud - mama and dada have been uttered
  • still a great sleeper, although she falls off the wagon here and there - specially when I'm off. It's really strange but this child has a tracking device on me
  • solids is a hit or miss - there are days when she is all about it and there are days when she wouldn't even try

Overall, the last 7 months have been nothing but wonderful! I can't wait to see what other changes will come. I am working on putting a photo collage together that shows her from birth up until today.

No comments: