Tuesday, October 6, 2009

O-M-G!

My child is 3 months old and I totally forgot about her birthday. I woke up on Monday thinking I needed to take her picture after work in her crib. J quickly burst that bubble informing me that Monday was the 5th and not the 4th. Oops. I guess working on the weekends kinda messed my days up. Of course I didn't take her picture yesterday. She's been a little handful with her sleeping patterns the past couple of days and I'm beyond exhausted.

It started Sunday night and I thought that was a fluke. She refused to sleep in her pack and play that J took her downstairs to sleep in her swing. That went from midnight 'til 2-ish. After her feeding, I put her in her crib and she slept in there 'til about 6-ish. Of course she was still fussy during the day yesterday. J's mom said she didn't want to be put down and wanted to be held a lot and refused to nap. We fought between 830pm 'til about 1030pm last night when J finally gave up and brought the swing upstairs. She slept there 'til around 330 and in the pack and play she went 'til almost 6.

I really hope this is a just a phase. We can't function like normal people with lack of sleep. I don't really know what's going on. I'd like to think that she's teething (although it could be a bit early) hence the craziness during night time. She was such a good sleeper for the most part until Sunday.

It makes me wonder what it would be like if I was home with her. Is it possible that there are 4 different people, including myself, that watch her on daily basis and our ways of taking care of her are all different? Does she even know the difference between all of us? I sure hope so! I want to think that my baby girl know I'm her momma and that I give her the best care when I'm home with her.

How do we fix this? How can I get her on a good routine?

No comments: