Saturday, October 3, 2009

13 Weeks Ago...

I was holding Kayla in my arms for the first time. I can't believe how fast time has been going. She will be 3 months old come Monday. Being a parent is truly the most rewarding experience I have experienced so far. Her coos and smiles make all the sleepless nights all worthwhile.

Working full time again has had its ups and downs. It is still hard leaving her behind every morning but the end of my day is always rewarded with her smiling face when I come home. Work is still very busy that I'm able to go all day without feeling sad that I'm not home with her. Even my weekends are cut short due to groups that I have to check in on. I cherish every second that I get to spend at home with her. She is growing up and developing so quickly and I'm always afraid that I will miss something.

We are still going strong with breastfeeding. There is so much milk in our freezer and I'm still pumping while at work. I even get up in the middle of the night to pump while J feeds her with a bottle. The way I see it is that this is the best thing I can give her right now. It's great holding her while she looks up at me while she eats. It's our bonding time and I hope that we can go past 6 months. Pumping is a pain at work but I plan to keep it up.

No comments: