Friday, September 11, 2009

Working Mom

I came back to work September 8th and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Work is so busy for me right now that I hardly have time to be upset that I'm at work at not at home. Don't get me wrong, it's very hard to leave her every morning but I just think about her smiling-chubby face welcoming me everyday. I'm very proud of myself for not crying at work that day. I guess I over-cried the night before and I was all out of tears. I didn't even go home for lunch to see her 'til today!

I'm still trying to get myself into a routine so that I'm able to feed her before I leave work, pump while at work, come home and spend time with my family and do it all over again the next day. It's tough and I give tons of credit to working parents who have more than one child. I try to get myself ready waaay before I know she's going to be up so I can focus my time on her instead of me. I truly treasure each and every minute I get to spend with Kayla. I'm not so lucky to be able to stay at home and either work or not work. I miss her every second of the day and I look forward to going home. Maybe J and I will get lucky, sooner rather than later, so that I can be a stay at home mom or even a work at home mom.

No comments: