Friday, September 11, 2009

My 2 month old

I can't believe that Kayla turned 2 months last Friday. This update is a bit late but I wanted to wait 'til we saw her doctor.


She is growing sooo fast! She weighed in at 13 lbs 9 oz and 22.25 inches long. She's off the charts on her weight and I'm glad that she's getting long, too. Our pediatrician is very happy with her growth progress. She even thinks that my 10-week old baby is cutting her first tooth. Yup, that's right, a tooth! This is apparently normal but very rare which explains her droolyness a whole lot now. She also got her first shot while we were there. She took it like a big girl. I think she was more mad about the nurse stretching her leg than the actual needle. Of course I'm the sissy one and I couldn't look. J missed this appointment so my mom was with us. I was told to give her Tylenol when we got home but she was gagging during the process and projectiles right after. I don't think she's a fan of sweets. Oh well.
So what has our little princess been up to lately?
  • still in size 1 diapers
  • 3 months size clothes are getting a bit tight
  • sleeping at least 4 hour stretches at night (6.5 hours one time)
  • still guzzling down breast milk
  • coo's a lot and likes to "talk" to us and her toys
  • adores her activity mat friends and crib mobile monkeys
  • stares at lights and ceiling fans
  • still hates being on her tummy
  • loves bath time until I have to wash her hair
J and I are really enjoying being parents. Kayla never fails to put a smile on our face! She is the silliest baby and we just can't get enough of her. We are looking forward to the fall and the holiday season - first everything is coming up for all of us as a family - Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! Our household will be full of laughter and joy thanks to our not-so-little bundle!

No comments: