Monday, June 25, 2012

Mom Fail Moment

I decided yesterday afternoon that I was going to sort through this one giant bin of K's old clothes so that I can start a pile of what needs washing before baby #2 is born. The top of the bin had swaddle blankets and burp cloths. I started digging some more and quickly realized that NO, I did not save any of K's tiny baby clothes. Sure, I had some 6 months and up as well as all the precious smocked outfits, but clothes for newborn babies, not so much!

It dawned on me that I must have been so exhausted when K was an infant and wasn't thinking straight that I literally gave all the newborn clothing away! I could have sworn that I saved some of them but obviously not. There was a girl with a newborn baby who was a couple of months younger than K at my old job who didn't have much. I thought I only gave her some clothes.

There goes another thing to add to my ever-growing to-do list. This should be an interesting 7 weeks or so.

No comments: