Monday, February 20, 2012

That day we became a family of 4

I found out on December 11, 2011 that I was pregnant. It was a normal Sunday of errands and hanging out with K. I had plans to take her to the mall play area and grocery shop but decided on Target and grocery shopping instead.

I grabbed a 3 pack of test and went on about our usual Target trip. We did our grocery shopping afterwards then came home and did some dishes and then finally used the test. Back with K, the 2nd line showed up pretty darn fast. This time around, I left the test 'cause it wasn't doing anything and I was sure that it was a negative. Thank goodness I came back for a second look or I would have never found out that day that I was indeed already pregnant.

It was really hard not sharing the news with anyone. J was at work and I didn't want to tell him over the phone. I also didn't want to tell K 'cause she repeats everything and can remember a lot nowadays. I actually decided that I wouldn't share anything until Christmas. Yes, I waited 2 long weeks to tell J! That truly was an accomplishment. I am the last person that can keep a secret!

The next couple of weeks were tricky. I had to take prenatal secretly. I was turning down wine and coffee left and right. I was running out of excuses why I was so darn exhausted and hungry. I could have sworn symptoms were non-existent until that positive pregnancy test. But I have to say that I have been super lucky to not have experienced morning sickness just like when I was pregnant with K.

So here's what I know so far...I am a little over 14 weeks and baby #2 is due August 17. This will make baby #2 a Leo, same as J. I have gained 2 pounds which is really strange considering that I eat like a cow these days.

So yes, that's my recap of baby #2!

No comments: