Monday, July 4, 2011

A 2nd birthday post...3 weeks later


Oh, Kayla! Where do I begin? These past 2 years have been nothing but memorable and sweet. I don't even remember life before you! Yes, it is that good. And yes, every child has their moments, but the good ones outshine the bad ones. You have grown up to be a kind-hearted, loving and caring little girl. Your daddy and I can't get enough kisses and hugs from you. You tell us "I love you" often and it definitely melts us to pieces.

I know for a fact that the children in your class adore you as much as we do. You are quite the popular one when I drop you off in the morning. The kids are usually screaming your name and the teachers are quick to grab your hand from me. I think it is because you are so quiet and do not join in on the rambunctious play time nor do you ever fight the kids for toys and attention.

You enjoy music and movies a lot. Elmo is still a favorite but Handy Manny comes very close. We try not to watch too much of them but "I watch cartoon" is what I hear every morning when you wake up. Music is another love of yours. Justin Bieber's baby is well-played in our household & you also enjoy Taylor Swift's Mean. Very teeny-bopper-ish. You know a lot of songs. I mean a lot! You know your ABC's and a ton of other nursery rhymes. Of course you sing-a-long to your other teeny bopper songs.

We took you to the beach for the first time this month. There was a wedding we attended and we made a little vacation out of the trip. You love the sand! I honestly thought that the sand would gross you out for some reason but you could not get enough of it. You didn't like the beach itself as much. You love the pool more.

You have really grown up so much. I still see a little baby in you specially when you don't feel well and early in the mornings when you just want to watch cartoons and cuddle. You've become so independent and we are even so close to fully potty training. I hope that you are always as sweet and loving as you've always been until I am old and grey.

No comments: