Thursday, July 22, 2010

Does absence make the heart grow fonder?

J and I have only been apart three times the past five and a half years - 1st time was about 5 years ago when he went to Philadelphia for a 3-day work-related training, 2nd time was almost two years ago on the night before our wedding, and the last time was a year ago the day before we took Kayla home from the hospital. So you see, I'm used to having my J around. Oh, and did I mention that we have worked in the same place for these 5 plus years? I know, people ask all the time how we do it. How can I possibly live with him and work with him. That's seriously 24/7 of being together.

Well things are changing. He left yesterday for his new job which is about an hour and a half away. He is only coming home during his days off. The arrangement is temporary until I am able to relocate where he is and this is only happening once I find a job. The situation we are in is on the opposite side of the spectrum of what we were used to. We went from 24/7 of being together to now being apart and only seeing other every so often.

We knew when he accepted this job that this is going to be our temporary norm. I don't have to like it but I am supporting him 100%. This opportunity is great for his career and his ultimate goal. For now, we shall see if absence does make the heart grow fonder.

No comments: